Daifuku’s DUOSYS is a super-fast mini load AS/RS that acts as a highly-efficient sortation system. Its control technology ensures that two Storage Retrieval Machines (SRM) functioning in the same aisle move past each other without interference to perform storage and retrieval operations. The DUOSYS is laid out in two levels so that four SRMs operate simultaneously on the same rack to produce a maximum storage and retrieval throughput of up to 2,200 cases per hour. Two SRMs operate within each level. Throughput will vary for customers depending upon system configuration.
The DUOSYS is not just an automated storage system because it also effectively sorts and groups items in less floor space and with fewer personnel than with traditional sorters and other horizontal sorting systems.
Primary Problems Addressed:
- Floor space
- Facility at capacity; no additional storage space
- Plans for a new facility
- Congestion; product stored in aisle and hallways
- Bottlenecks in material flow and production
- Limited capacity in storage and production areas
- Orders are becoming smaller and more frequent
- Pick cycle times are too long
- Frequent lost stock
- Inventory Spoilage / Damage
- No real-time material control
- Poor product accessibility
- Lack of FIFO control
- Workers walking long distances
- Excessive noise levels from material handling equipment
- Safety hazards
- Labor-intensive processes
- Disjointed Operations
- Product in the wrong storage medium
- Multiple staging areas
- Product is often moved from one staging area to another
- High employee turnover
- High labor costs
- High training costs
- Small labor pool
- High throughput—The maximum throughput of up to 2,200 cases per hour is six times higher than a conventional system with the same footprint.
- Lower power consumption—Because of their lightweight design, DUOSYS SRMs consume less power than older models performing similar tasks. Also, the system controls direct the movements and speed of each SRM in the most efficient manner, requesting that the closest available machine perform a storage or retrieval task at the most optimized speed. Plus the system transfers regenerative power produced by one slowing SRM to the other SRMs.
- Non-stop operation—DUOSYS supports the independent operations of its four separate SRMs and the concept of zero idle time.
- High maintainability—The system remains in operation while maintenance is performed on one or more of the SRMs.
- Maximum throughput speed 2,200 totes or cases per hour
- Maximum horizontal speed: 350m/min. (1,148 ft./min.)
- Maximum vertical acceleration rates: 50m/min. (164 ft./min.)
- Maximum load transfer speed: 1.5 seconds
The above specs will vary depending upon system configuration to meet specific customer requirements.
- Beauty & Cosmetics
- Household Appliances
- Book & Publication Distribution
- Food & Beverage
- Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare
- Textile or any application requiring inner pack or piece picking
Photos & Schematics
Downloadable Product Brochure